Global WASH Cluster (GWC) Annual Meeting Satellite Events: What Construction contracts to de-risk WASH Projects by IHIP and partners
April 29 @ 16 h 00 min - 17 h 00 minFree
The IHIP initiative is mainly driven by operational challenges to improve how humanitarian actors engage with the private sector to deliver infrastructure projects. Its specific function is to build on existing private sector tools and adapt them to the humanitarian context and therefore allowing successful design and delivery of infrastructure. IHIP addresses this issue building on a common reference, the FIDIC construction contract, which is already widely known and accepted by both the private sector and the development and humanitarian actors. Objective The objective are:
1. To introduce the IHIP initiative
2. To promote the use of the harmonized particular conditions of contract for construction for the WASH sector.
3. To engage with Global WASH Cluster members through pilot project(s) using the harmonized particular conditions of contract for construction developed by IHIP for the WASH sector Content
1. Presentation of the IHIP initiative
2. Presentation of the 18 improvement points addressed in the harmonized particular conditions of contract for construction for the WASH sector
3. Discussion on elements that would help the sector to engage with the IHIP harmonized contract:
4. Propose online registration form for interested organizations Expected Outcomes Increase the number of adopters of the IHIP harmonized particular conditions of contract for construction and have few organizations agreeing to contribute to a monitoring and evaluation process of the added value of the harmonized particular conditions through their use on pilot projects
Next steps After the session, building up on the community of early adopters:
– Register through each project through the IHIP online registration / reporting template – Follow up with each project and collect feedback
– Upgrade reporting platform according to feedback
– Consolidate feedback and list improvements
– Implement improvements and deliver version 2 of harmonized particular for the wash sector.